Super Easy Pumpkin Mousse
Inactive Prep Time:
6 to 8 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (if you dont have it do 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp all spice, 1/8 tsp nutmeg. The nutmeg and cinnamon are essential)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Ginger snaps, for garnish (optional)
- Candied Ginger for garnish (optional)
- Chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
- Whip cream for garnish
Combine pumpkin, 1 cup cream, sugar and spice in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cool fully and then put it into the refrigerator to cool completely.
Whip remaining heavy cream and vanilla to soft peaks and fold into cooled pumpkin mixture. Pour into a serving dish and crumble the ginger snaps over the top before serving.
You can also put the ginger snaps on the side and eat them with the mousse.
Top the mousse whip cream and then with candied ginger and/or chocolate.
It also would be great with Amaretto cookies. Eat it all year long!